Posts for tag: invisalign
Could Invisalign Work for Me
Do you want a straight smile? The Invisalign System can give you the straight smile you've always desired. Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces for teens and adults. Over 6 million people have chosen Invisalign over metal braces to straighten their teeth. Led by Dr. James Reid Roberts, Brilliant Smiles Dental (located in Peachtree City, GA) offers Invisalign treatment to the patients they serve. Here are 4 signs that Invisalign is right for you.
1. You want to fix your smile issues. If you are unhappy with your smile, it may be time to do something about it. The Invisalign System is used to treat overcrowded teeth, crooked teeth, overbites, crossbites, gapped teeth, underbites, and protruding teeth. Schedule a consultation with our Peachtree City general family dentist to learn more about Invisalign braces.
2. You want a straight smile without metal braces. Traditional braces can feel clunky, irritate your mouth, and can restrict your eating habits. If you want to straighten your teeth without a mouthful wearing metal braces, the Invisalign System is the way to go. Invisalign aligner trays are made of a plastic material created exclusively for Invisalign treatment.
3. You prefer comfortable dental braces. Invisalign aligner trays are comfortable to wear. They are made of a lightweight, flexible material that is custom-fitted to your teeth. This provides a comfortable fit even when wearing them for 22 hours per day.
4. You want to enjoy your favorite foods. Invisalign aligner trays fit your life — they don’t interrupt it. We know that one of the hardest things to get used to with conventional braces is the food restrictions. Because Invisalign aligner trays are removed at mealtimes, you will be able to eat whatever you want. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Roberts to find out if you're a viable candidate for Invisalign treatment.
Smile! Straight teeth look beautiful on you. If you're looking for a general family dentist that offers Invisalign, look no further. Call Brilliant Smiles Dental in Peachtree City at 770-486-8516 to schedule an Invisalign consultation.
When you have a tooth alignment problem, metal braces aren’t the only way to straighten out your smile. A revolutionary treatment called Invisalign can change the positioning of your teeth and close unsightly gaps in about a year’s time. The team at Brilliant Smiles Dental in Peachtree City, GA, offers Invisalign, along with an array of other cosmetic solutions including dental implants, crowns, bonding, and veneers. Read on to learn more!
Traditionally, orthodontic patients had to have metal brackets cemented to their teeth to get results. There is now a way to invisibly straighten your teeth without the need to wear metal appliances for up to three years. Invisalign is a proprietary orthodontic treatment that has grown exponentially in popularity with patients due to its convenience and promise of discretion, a point made possible by how the treatment uses clear, flexible tooth-shaped trays instead of brackets. It is most commonly recommended for adult patients, but a special option for older teens is also available. As you wear the plastic aligning trays, gentle forces move the teeth until they are in the right position.
How Invisalign Improves Your Smile
Many patients consider an aesthetically pleasing smile to be one that is free from gaps and spaces. Invisalign can both close gaps between teeth as well as loosen up crowding and put errant, protruding teeth back in line. In some cases, additional treatments like crowns, veneers, or dental implants may be used along with this orthodontic solution to perfect the smile.
The Invisalign Process
The very first step to getting Invisalign is for your Peachtree City dentist to take digital impressions of your smile as it is now. Your dentist will upload these impressions so that a dental technician can create your custom trays. At the next appointment, you will receive the first tray and wear it for a couple of weeks or as prescribed. You’ll then visit the dentist’s office at planned intervals so that your progress can be monitored and you can obtain a new aligning tray. At the end of the treatment period, your last tray becomes your permanent retainer—it will help maintain the new position of your teeth.
The sooner you start treatment for alignment issues, the sooner you’ll be proud to show off your smile. In addition to Invisalign, you can consult your dentist about dental implants, crowns, and other cosmetic solutions. Call (770) 486-8516 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. James Reid Roberts at Brilliant Smiles Dental in Peachtree City, GA.
Dentists use orthodontic treatments to move teeth that are out of place, causing gaps, crowding, and bite problems. For many years, the only treatment was metal or ceramic braces. But traditional braces are not the only option anymore. Dr. James Roberts at Brilliant Smiles Dental in Peachtree City, GA can straighten your smile discreetly and quickly with Invisalign invisible braces.
Crooked, Crowded, Misaligned Smiles
Some people inherit orthodontic problems while others develop them in their teens. Many patients have crooked or crowded smiles due to forces that move the teeth out of alignment over a period of time. For example, when wisdom teeth emerge, sometimes they cause the rest of the teeth to move forward. With a custom orthodontic treatment plan, the teeth can be re-positioned along the gumline.
How to Straighten Your Teeth Discreetly
Many patients assume that their orthodontic issues can only be solved using metal braces, but a treatment called Invisalign may be a better choice for your case. Invisalign allows your Peachtree City, GA dentist to move your teeth discreetly using clear plastic trays instead of tightened brackets. They not only have a “barely there” appearance, they are also comfortable to wear as they gradually align your teeth.
Additional Invisalign Benefits
Patients often want Invisalign because it is a discreet smile solution, but the treatment has additional benefits:
- You can remove your aligner trays when it’s convenient. Metal braces can only be removed by your dentist.
- Invisalign trays protect your teeth from damage, especially if you are prone to grinding your teeth at night.
- The treatment period for Invisalign is often less than 12 months. Compare that to the two to three years usually required for regular braces.
- Appointments with your dentist are short and sweet—your dentist will check your progress and give you the next aligner tray.
Go with the Discreet Choice
If you've been living with a misaligned smile and want to avoid wearing metal braces, it's time to consult a dentist at Brilliant Smiles Dental in Peachtree City, GA about Invisalign. Call 770-486-8516 today to speak with a friendly staff member and schedule a consultation with Dr. James Roberts.
Compared to traditional braces, orthodontic clear aligners seem miraculous in many ways, almost too good to be true. You may be wondering if they really work. The answer is yes — but they are not for everyone.
What are orthodontic aligners and how do they work?
Clear orthodontic aligners are an alternative to traditional braces that are used to move your teeth and transform your smile without much interference to your daily life. They are removable trays made of a clear plastic material that is essentially invisible.
When using aligners, a sequence of slightly different trays is custom-made to fit over your teeth. You must wear each one 20 hours a day for two weeks before changing to the next in the series. The aligners are computer generated, designed by state-of-the-art techniques based on models and images of your own teeth. They work because slight changes in the sequential aligners gradually shift your teeth. If they are worn consistently, the process takes from six months to two or three years.
Advantages over traditional braces are:
- The aligners can be removed for eating, drinking, brushing, flossing and social occasions.
- They have no rough edges or wires, making them more comfortable.
- Changes become visible quickly as your teeth move into their new, better positions.
Clear aligners are a good solution for correcting mild to moderately crowded or incorrectly spaced teeth. They are most effective if your back teeth already fit together properly. Clear aligners are usually effective in correcting simpler or tipping movements of teeth in two dimensions. For more complex movements, traditional braces may be required. Clear aligners are usually recommended for adults whose teeth and jaws are fully developed, and not for children.
When do you need traditional fixed braces?
Traditional braces are fixed brackets attached to the teeth through which narrow, flexible wires are threaded. They may be necessary if your teeth do not meet properly, creating too much overbite or underbite. Closing spaces where teeth are missing, rotating teeth, or other complicated situations probably make you a better candidate for traditional braces.
Each particular situation is unique. To find out if clear aligners are right for you, make an appointment with us for an assessment and diagnosis of your own situation. For more information see the Dear Doctor magazine article “Clear Orthodontic Aligners.”